SolACE is a European Horizon 2020 project aiming at improving water and nutrient use efficiency of crops and agroecosystems. It focuses on 3 economically important crops; bread wheat, durum wheat, and potato. The goal of SOALCE is to achieve lower input-dependency in conventional systems, while achieving higher efficiency within organic systems, combined with the low-input principle (ecological intensification).
SolACE Innovations – Your experience and feedback are necessary!
SolACE is a multi-actor project and will engage with a broad range of stakeholders, e.g. farmers, farm advisors, breeders, agribusiness actors, etc. to promote strong interactions across the whole production chain.
At the second SoLACE stakeholder event, which will take place on May 18 in Foggia, Italy, we want to show you some of the innovations that the project is working on and receive your critical and valuable feedback and comments. Doing so, we may produce solutions that are useful in practise and will make a difference at a large-scale.
The second SolACE stakeholder event is a free event, presented in both English and Italian and includes refreshments.
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Foggia (CCIF), Viale Fortore 141, 71121 Foggia FG, Italy
- 14:00 – 14:30 Registration
- 14:30 – 14:45 Quick introduction to concept of event
- 14:45 – 16:30 Crop and soil management innovation presentations
- Second generation microbial inoculants (Bread wheat & potato)
- Genotypes mixtures (Durum wheat)
- Decision Support Systems (Bread & Durum wheat)
- 16:30 – 17:00 Coffee and refreshments
- 17:00 – 18:30 Breeding & phenotyping innovation presentations
- Bread wheat hybrids for improved tolerance against water & nitrogen
- articipatory breeding schemes (Durum wheat).
- Accounting for below-ground traits for improving tolerance against water / nitrogen deficiency (Bread wheat).