This event is an important part of the project, as it allows us to engage with a broad range of partners and stakeholders (farmers, farm advisors, breeders, agribusiness actors, etc.) to promote strong interactions across the whole durum wheat production chain. It allows us to present some of the innovations that the project is working on and receive critical and valuable feedback and comments. Only this way, can we produce solutions that are useful in practise and will make a large-scale difference.
The event will be presented in both Italian and English. Each of the innovations that SolACE is working on will be shortly presented by a leading specialist and followed by a session of questions, feedback and comments. Each of these will take approximately 20 min and we anticipate that six innovations will be presented. This format has taken inspiration from the UK’s popular TV programme, Dragon’s Den, in which innovators and entrepreneurs propose their ideas to a critical audience in search of funding. We hope that this will be an entertaining format for participants, whilst at the same time, allowing the SolACE project to gain valuable feedback for further development of the innovations
We hope you will come and join us!
Programme for the day
- 14:00-14:30: Registration
- 14:30-14:45: Quick introduction of the event concept
- 14:45-16:00: Crop and soil management innovations
- Second generation microbial inoculants (bread wheat & potato)
- Genotype mixtures (durum wheat)
- Decision Support Systems (bread & durum wheat)
- 16:30-17:00: Coffee and refreshments
- 17:00-18:30: Breeding & phenotyping innovations
- Bread wheat hybrids for improved tolerance against water/nitrogen deficiency
- Participatory breeding schemes (durum wheat)
- Accounting for below-ground traits for improving tolerance against water/nitrogen deficiency (bread & durum wheat)